The Faithful Librarian: Essays on Christianity in the Profession is finally here! Along with my essay in it: “Integrative Pastoral Librarianship in a Flipped Church: Equipping Laity for Ministry with Missional Faith Learning” !! It’s available in print and electronic formats, and I am hoping that your local library will add it to their collection! Check with your local librarian and WorldCat to find it!
***We are in a period of discernment about the format of this blog, and our upcoming posts will be minimalist for the time being. I would love to hear from you what would help you to think+pray+act – join us at Think+Pray+Act Connect to let us know what you’d like to see here! In the meantime, keep reading, thinking, praying, and acting in your community.
Bible Reading: 1st Timothy 5 – Titus 1
T+P+A Big Read 2019
For September, we’re doing collage / art journaling as our prayer practice.
C’mon over to People of the Books, our online book club in which we discuss these books and whatever else is on your mind or heart!
Check out the Find Your FBCO Map to find your local faith-based community organizing affiliate and connect with the people who are working together to live out their dreams of a more just world! What’s going on in your living of the Gospel? Let us know in the comments, in our e-mail discussion group, or on social media.
- DeTurris Poust, Mary. “Collage as Prayer: Cutting and Pasting My Way to God.” Not Strictly Spiritual, 12 January 2015. https://notstrictlyspiritual.com/2015/01/collage-prayer/.
- Klemme Eliceiri, Rebecca. “Integrative Pastoral Librarianship in a Flipped Church: Equipping Laity for Ministry with Missional Faith Learning” in The Faithful Librarian: Essays on Christianity in the Profession. Jefferson: McFarland & Company, Inc., 2019.
- Luther Seminary. “Enter the Bible,” n.d. http://www.enterthebible.org/.
- Rettig, Hillary. “Tools for Change #I: Journaling” in The Lifelong Activist: How to Change the World Without Losing Your Way. New York, NY: Lantern Books, 2006. http://lifelongactivist.com/part-iii-managing-your-fears/23-tools-for-change-i-journaling/
- Sanders, E. P. Paul: A Very Short Introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.